Friday, September 16, 2011

An arrange marriage and some romance!

Call it my wedding fever or call me a romantic fool. But imagine yourself in this story.

As most of my friends have already or are about to turn 24, the wedding alarm is ringing for each one of us. It is a gender unbiased alarm which rings from time to time. The volume of the alarm increases only when someone in the group is getting married or engaged.

Coming back to the story, recently a friend of mine got engaged. He has never met the gal. Obviously, it’s a typical arrange marriage. It has been a couple of times he has talked to her. Recently, when he called her up with a motive to explain that he has been busy lately, the gal told him something which made his jaw fall down. Now, he is my friend so obviously it’s very difficult to shut him down. Actually, when he himself told me the story I didn’t know how to react either. I was as stunt as if I had seen “a holiday voucher to moon”. Call me crazy now but believe me there is gonna be a time when this will happen.

So this gal whom neither I nor my friend has ever seen is probably 18 or 19 year old. But the way she speaks makes us think how pure she must be. This is the 3rd time my friend is talking to his would-be and the gal says “Guess what happened the other day when I called you?”

My friend (Thinking all sorts of things that can happen with an 18 year old. Friends teased her.. Family must have said something about being too much on phone.. Some important exam or result which I’m not aware of or God forbid but some accident.. Too many options.) “I can’t think of any. Why don’t you tell me!”

Gal (In a shy voice, probably blushing) “You called my name for the first time.”

Now tell me how you react to this. It’s just not possible. Who talks that way? I can never use this line for a guy. It’s like giving him too much importance. Probably the fear of reaction is much more than our actions. I still think how pure that gal must be that she just came upfront and said what was in her heart. Hats-off to her and anyone who can do this! When I heard this story I realized that may be in this really complicated world, there still are some people who are not judgmental and who can actually speak their heart out.

And the other realization, may be arrange marriages are not that boring. There is a pinch of romance and excitement in its own way.

3 comments:

  1. Hats off to the sweet girl ..... so Lucky your friend is .... Luckier than the hundreds of luv buddies we see around .....

    And truly agree to your last line ...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme know when they getting married .... Wanna gift them ..... would make a luvly couple .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantasists fentabulas awesome composing ...bitter truth in our society :)

    ReplyDelete