Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seniors at Office

I’m finally on project now. Although, I haven’t started the real work but I’m learning a lot of things. I have been assigned to the NDH silo for the project. I work with Saikrishna. He joined last year. I also try and learn about other silos. Currently, I’m learning the work of inventory. Piyush is the senior who helps me with that.
Both of them are excellent guides and I cannot dare compare them. Both of them have their own style of transferring their knowledge. When I say knowledge it’s not only about the silo but life in general. I remember when Sai gave me my first assignment for training me, I was tensed. After trying the problem for one full day I was stuck and thus as I am, I freaked out. I remember pinging Sai ‘I give up’. I was stressed and had headache. He immediately replied back boosting up my confidence. The best thing about working with him is that he makes me feel that I can do the work. He shows confidence in me.
Piyush on the other hand, always discusses the harsh realities of this business. I don’t think any senior would ever do that. His work is related to functional and may be because of that he keeps talking about how the actually things work. Well, to be honest, I do know what Piyush says is true but its scares me at times. He shows how life can be difficult, although most of us from our batch are still in the college mood. Piyush has a fore-sightedness in him and he tries his best to guide us with his wisdom.
As for me, when I get frightened by Piyush’s tales, I come to Sai for the confidence. I guess each one of us would always want seniors like them so that we learn before we lose. And so I conclude by saying life is long and we keep changing as change is inevitable but everyone likes it if we change for good.

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention about your other senior - Samik. You should probably write 3-4 paragraphs on him too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with all respect, the story always varies with gender. I remember giving KT to my juniors as well and difference therein wen it was gal over guy. It comes from within. No-one to blame. ;)

    ReplyDelete